Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mountain Laurels - Part Deux

My ten years + mountain laurel project bore fruit this spring. I mean flowers.


For those whose schedules are too busy to click on the picture:


Mountain laurels are poisonous...but the meese will eat them if they are hungry enough. For instance, if it's winter on the mountain and there is a large concentration of meese in the area.


We don't drive on your shooting range...

I had been sitting on this since my first mountain laurel post, as I was hoping to get a picture when the flowers were bigger. Ah well.

Next year.
~

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome!!! There is nothing like nurturing something long enough till it blooms.

I'll never forget my mother's ginormous jade plant... she'd move it inside and out depending on the season and then one summer, it bloomed. Who knew!

Congratulations. 10+ years is a long time. Don't let the meeses anywhere near them, for both the laurel's sake and the meese's sakes.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Third picture:

in the mountains, there are millions of deer, and THEY ARE PISSED!!"

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Thanks Jennifer. I took those photos of the flowers in April I think, before they had opened.

Then I never made it back to W.V.

ZRM, those deer are hanging out on the driving range of the Cacapon State Park golf course.

Hunting season, hang out in the State Park. Maybe the meese are smarter than we think.
~

Substance McGravitas said...

Mountain laurels are poisonous...but the meese will eat them if they are hungry enough.

And are not themselves eaten.