Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grand Canyon - Grandview Trail


Since I can't find the pictures from my trip to Yuma during the record heat wave back in 2007, I'm going to post some more from my visit to the Grand Canyon just a month earlier.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®©: My left foot

This was a hike down the Grandview Trail.












Allow extra hiking time because of trail conditions. Plan on taking twice as long to hike up as it took to hike down.

In my case, I hiked down for about 1 3/4 hours, and back up in 2. I was taking pictures on the way down or there would have been a bigger discrepancy.

I'm hoping to have pictures from Mount Taylor in a few weeks, as I have to visit the area for work.
~

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

These images remind me of a conversation with a co-worker from long ago... after discussing his many times going down into the Grand Canyon, there was a long pause... enough for him to think the conversation was probably over, when I responded with:

"Have you ever gone down on a mule?"

This was followed by a shocked silence...

Substance McGravitas said...

A quite lovely woman said she needed my fingers the other day. To push the elevator button because her hands were full.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Wisecracks, ehh?
~

blue girl said...

Those are beautiful, thunder! Just awesome. I've never been out there.

...I never get to go anywhere...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Thanks BG.

By the way, for pics 48 and 49, I was sitting out on a big rock, edging over as close as I dared.

ALL FOR YOU, MY BEAUTIFUL INTELLIGENT WITTY READERS!
~

fish said...

If you really cared about me, you would have invited me.

gregor samsa said...

Yuma????? What the hell taco bell? Why would you go to Yuma?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Yuma????? What the hell taco bell? Why would you go to Yuma?

Because an age-restricted LIHTC property in Yuma needed their construction loan converted to a permanent loan, Gregor.
~