Saturday, June 25, 2016

Swimming Pool Iguana

My contribution to Eilleeninmd's Saturday's Critters #132. I saw this Five-lined Skink in a familiar skink spot on the W and O.D. Trail earlier in Juue.

After checking the spot on many walks, I finally got another chance. This time Mr. or Mrs. Skink held still for 1 closeup (but it's overexposed :P ):
Here's a much bigger lizard. My sister and brother-in-law visited St. John, and this iguana shared their pool.


Carmi's Thematic Photographic 374 is Lightbulbs. Once again, the only non-nature pics I took were when I was stuck in traffic. This time on the Beltway near McLean. Plenty of lightbulbs, though!

For Anni's I'd Rather B Birdin', I'm back to the backyard sparrows:

And up the street at my old elementary school: Dustbath!

One last pic: a nice blue hydrangea:

Mouse over pics for captions, and click them for larger versions.
~

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both totally cool.

eileeninmd said...

Hello I like the colors on the skink and the swimming iguana is cool. Great shots of sparrows and critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

orchid0324 said...

Hello; Oh My,Iguana was swimming in the pool. how cool:-) Lovd the sweet sparrows♪
I hope you will have a wonderful new week.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

Ohmydearests said...

the iguana is AWESOME! have a great day!

wolfe said...

Beautiful pictures!
I like the iguana

Anni said...

Look at that size of the hydrangea. My goodness...that makes my 3 blossom bush look mighty puny!

An iguana in the pool?---Not sure what to think of that. I know I wouldn't put my big toe in the water when that thing is around.

Never tire of watching the sparrows.

Thanks so much for stopping by to share this post with all us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week. It's always appreciated.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Sweet sparrow captures. I know they are brown and fairly common, but I think they are lovely little birds. Neat shots of both lizards.:)

Magia da Inês said...

♫♪ه° ·.
Lindas fotos.

Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
💕ه° ·.

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful critters! This reminds me to look carefully before going into the swimming pool. Lol!

Michelle said...

I would have left the pool if that dude had crawled in! lol

carol l mckenna said...

Oh wonderful photos of critters ~ my favorite is that little tiny bird feasting ~

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Rambling Woods said...

This would be great for Nature Notes too...anything nature is great...Michelle

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I love skinks

Jim H. said...

Swimming with iguanas! Sounds like the title of a great novel.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Those skinks are gorgeous. I keep looking for them, but NY is totally sub-par for lizard spotting.

I'd swim with an iguana any day.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love these! I like your rat snake best, though! We have them. Never see them.
Love lizards, as well.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

A Colorful World said...

Love the lizards! Cute birds getting their dustbaths, and that hydrangea is lovely! Wish they would grow here!