Sunday, November 3, 2013

Golden Glow Two, Marbled Orbweaver, My Left Foot, etc.

That golden glow, Part II. I think this week marked the peak of fall color here in Berkeley Springs. The leaves are still changing color, but they've also been dropping from the trees at a rapid rate.

Here is Lake Siri in the morning:

How about a Marbled Orbweaver? (P.S. I don't recall ever seeing the word "Hoarctic" before.)

Would you believe Muscovy ducks by Lake Siri nibbling on my left foot?



Other Birdness:



A Tufted Titmouse for BBBB:

Mouse over pics for captions, and click them for larger versions.
~

9 comments:

Alexia said...

Gosh the colours in that first shot! Golden indeed. And I love the peaceful waters of Lake Siri in th morning :)

Jim H. said...

Suet & Orbs.

Hell, you should rename your blog that. That would be perfect: Suet & Orbs!

Amazing brilliance of the fall colors. The morning mist off the lake. And that spider. Man! I had no idea something like that actually existed.

21 Wits said...

What a lovely, peaceful looking place this is.

21 Wits said...

What a lovely, peaceful looking place this is.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Hell, you should rename your blog that. That would be perfect: Suet & Orbs!

I'm hearing "Suet and Orbs" as if it were sung by the Snowman in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Suet and orbs, suet and orbs... needs work.

Gilly said...

I love that Red Bellied Woodpecker! There is a lot of power in that bill!

21 Wits said...

Still remarkable today too! I just posted my power post!

Bob Scotney said...

I'm envious of all your birds. It's usually a couple of months before our woodpeckers come back.

photodoug said...

Thanks for sharing the Marbled Orbweaver. Powerful capture.