Saturday, October 11, 2014

Life on the Edge

I've been meaning to walk over to the Scioto Audubon Metro Park for a critters post for a couple of weeks. (Eileeninmd's Saturday's Critter's #45 here.) Today I finally did it.



My camera isn't great at long shots, but the macro works nicely. (Not nice enough to restore a grasshopper's missing leg, though.)

Beeflies don't bother me:

There is more to this story, and more pics, too. But I'm too tired right now and have to go to sleep.

Mouse over pics for captions, and click them for larger versions.
~

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful lake area! sweet bee on the asters, too.

eileeninmd said...

Great bird, the heron is pretty. And awesome macro shots. Thank you for linking up to my critter party.. Have a happy day!

21 Wits said...

Looking forward to the rest of your story! Poor sad, sometimes bad little grasshoppers, they seem to have gone off, (finally, but my garden is busted too!) Oh well.

A Colorful World said...

I've never heard of a beefly. Really nice post!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

But I'm too tired right now and have to go to sleep.

Oof, don't I know it!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I put up a few more pics from the visit. The story is still to come...
~