Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fledgling Cardinal

Here is one of the fledgling cardinals in the neighborhood that are still being watched over by mom and dad (in spite of being almost as big as they are, at this point). There were two more on the other side of the tree, but I had no chance to take a picture...they've inherited the shy gene. I did get pictures of a couple more dads as I walked further into German Village.





As you can see, here in Columbus you can take the COTA green hybrid bus to Toronto, via Randal's place, and on back and across the ocean to Africa.


~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WTF is up w/the destination Africa on that there city bus?

Did I tell you we have a family of Great Grey Owls living in a friggin palm tree on the side of my house? They pair has been coming back to that tree for years, cool eh?

Gawd it's a trip at night..the baby is now learing to do his/her own hunting..and he drops most of his food as I find them at the base of the tree..that is..if the cats didn't snatch it up.

Hamish Mack said...

Africa by bus? You'd have to go over the Arctic down through Russia, The Middle East and then to where you want. I mean Africa is kind of a loose description.
How many sections would that be?

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I believe the hybrid buses are contributing to how green the shrubbery is in the other photos.

of course, mankind is doomed through the idiocy of the wealthy, so it doesn't matter. But afterwards, plants and bees and Cardinals will frolic.

Randal Graves said...

Jeez, lazy ass cardinal, move out and get a job!

I'm totally getting tickets for the African Cup of Nations. Does this mean I have to listen to bus PA spit forth Toto's greatest hits?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Here's something to get you started, R.G.

How can 111 people dislike this?? They obviously don't know a thing about real music.
- youtube comments

Kathleen said...

or try this link

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

BOING BOING is stealing your schtick and going exotic:

When they do the "orb" thing, Thunder's wrath will be apocalyptic.

Vonnie said...

My, what a special bus you have there.
I'm in.