Monday, March 14, 2011

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other Things



Paul Krugman asks: "So why are we talking about a Social Security crisis?"

Which of these things is not like the other things?

1) Bush tax cuts
2) Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
3) Deregulation
4) Social Security

Social Security is not a major contributor to our national debt of $14 trillion.

Social Security does not put money directly into the pockets of our society's wealthiest members.

So why are we talking about cutting this fourth thing, Social Security? It's simply more class warfare on behalf of the plutocrats. The people concern trolling about Social Security now have proven over the last few decades that they don't give a damn about the national debt or the accumulated annual deficits and interest on same that created it.

I'm ashamed of the President I voted for in 2008, he's on the wrong side of too many issues. We need a Democratic party that's an alternative to the Republican party, not its enabler.

Thers has a similar post. We can all see it.

But our national political parties, their sycophants in the media and on K-Street, and most importantly, the owners of all three groups are determined that the truth neither be seen, nor talked about.

~

11 comments:

Vonnie said...

I just love the sesame street stuff.

Vonnie said...

I'm pretty basic like that.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Paul Krugman didn't think to put a Sesame Street video in his Social Security blog post.

I await my Nobel Prize.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Thanks for cheering me up.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sparrow movie is available one post back, ZRM.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I Don't eat sparrows, thundra.

Jennifer said...

I'm ashamed of the President I voted for in 2008, he's on the wrong side of too many issues. We need a Democratic party that's an alternative to the Republican party, not its enabler.

Oh god...now we'll get another month of fish saying, "I told you so!"

More bird films, please...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I await my Nobel Prize.

In Cookieology!

Substance McGravitas said...

I much prefer ladyfingers.

Smut Clyde said...

You're sounding like ZRM.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Good. I am glad nobody needs me anymore.