Friday, October 2, 2009

Why Do Republicans Hate America?



(The second screencrap from Drudge is small, but it contains a deliberate lie.)

Why?

I realize there are some who didn't want the Olympics because they were bad at sports in high school.

But the Republicans were following (as always) the cues they were given by Matt Drudge and Rush Limbaugh: Obama is trying to get Chicago the Olympics, and therefore this is the worst thing in the history of the world!11!!

Cue Drudge2.0:


That's right, if Chicage gets the Olympics, it's bad for Obama. Of course, the other thing is also true, as seen below.

The Washington Post worries that traditional news outlets like The Post simply don't pay sufficient attention to conservative media or viewpoints. Perhaps the Post could follow up its recent waste of op-ed space on the likes of Dick Cheney, John Bolton, and such as with a John McCain post about how he would have won the Olympics for Page, Arizona.


(Screencap from Media Matters for America)




The Weekly Standard knows it showed the ugly face of conservatism. So they covered it up.

If the Washington Post wants to report conservative views, this is a major opportunity. I think Marcus Brauchli meant that the Post should report EVEN MORE of what conservatives want reported, instead.

And that will be my contest entry.


~

9 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

I realize there are some who didn't want the Olympics because they were bad at sports in high school.

I was good! Cheated like crazy.

gocart mozart said...

Maybe the Republicans are just looking out for the the interests of poor Latin American brown people in Brazil. Have you considered that likelihood?

Also good blog. I had a blog a few years ago but I stopped posting because I had the distinct but accurate impression that nobody was reading my shit. I've been thinking of starting up again. What do you think?

. . . and now back to Sadly No!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I've been thinking of starting up again.

Here's what I think: First off, I never had a blog before. I just commented on other weblogs, such as the Haus of Sad.

Then a certain alleged good/cheats-like-crazy common tater who also has a blog said "thunder should blog".

So here it is. I like having my own place to put up my pictures.

But the worrying about whether people are reading your blog, or oh-my-god I haven't put up a new post in days and now no one comes here anymore, and such as, is NOT conducive to wasting less time on the web.
~

Substance McGravitas said...

Note that Thundra used to have a link to point to.

M. Bouffant said...

Fuck an audience. Either you got something to type or you don't.

Imagine someone discovering your astounding literary output (after you're dead) & saying "Oh, what a shame this genius is dead."

That'll show 'em!

Isn't that spelled Thundarr?

jim said...

I know this is going to sound pretty controversial, buuuuuut ... seems to me like a few of the brainier neocons (that's the controversial part) deduced that there was no way in hell the US was going to get another Globo-Jocks, Inc. gig this soon, so they did their best to make the Chicago bid seem more important than the moon landing & the fall of the Berlin Wall combined.

Editing blog posts to remove references to wingnut "cheers" is pretty sad considering that said cheers are already out on the Intertronz on video.

"OH NOEZ! TEH MEMRY HOLE IZ HAVING A PUKE! ZOMG!"

Another Kiwi said...

Mr Thunder's blog is a good one. There are insects. Also two left feet.

Jennifer said...

That's right! Chicago has too much crime... thank goodness there's none in Rio.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Yeah, I don't come over here anymore either.